8 Basic Rules For Organizing Your Dissertation Proposal Presentation
To better understand what the rules of organizing your dissertation proposal presentation are, you need to first know what its purpose is. In a nutshell, it gives you an opportunity to present your thesis subject and problem to a group of mentors. They are the ones who will need to be convinced of giving you the opportunity of doing the thesis. Now that you know what the purpose of the proposal is, here are some basic rules that you need to keep in mind.
Things to keep in mind when organizing the proposal
- The first and most important thing to remember is that your proposal and its presentation needs to be as clear as you can make it. Neither the written material nor your presentation of it needs to be loftily written or meant to impress. Very simply, it needs to in very clear terms state the problem and question of your thesis subject and the means by which you are going to research it.
- Secondly, you are not required to, and you should not include any preliminary findings of the research you are planning on conducting. The result of your research, even if you have already begun your work, should only be presented at the completion of your dissertation.
- In your proposal, you should also make it clear that you are familiar with all the texts and the sources that you will include to better understand and prove your thesis.
- You should also make it evident that you are familiar with the mode and methods that you plan on using to conduct your research.
- You should structure the proposal in such a way that you demonstrate the importance of your thesis and the problems that it will be solving through your work.
- There should also be a section on the research objectives and their scope
- What you need to remember is that most of your proposal will also be present in your final dissertation. Therefore, these needs as much hard work, research, and professionalism.
- Finally, the best way to go about it is not to present your proposal to a committee by reading from a set of notes.
These are only some of the basic rules to help you organize your proposal presentation better. It is always advisable to look for specific rules given out by your university before you finalize on the presentation.