The ResPower Super/Farm™ proudly supports the use of free, legal software, including FileZilla, to access its service. This tutorial discusses how to install FileZilla, and to configure it for use with the ResPower Super/Farm.
Before we get started, there are some minor things to cover:
- If your computer belongs to a corporation with an IT department or network administrator, please contact the appropriate individual there to get whatever permissions may be necessary to install FileZilla at your facility.
- FileZilla has both Windows and OSX versions. This tutorial covers the Windows version. Hopefully we will be able to add an OSX tutorial in the near future.
- FileZilla is free software. ResPower will assist you in configuring it to work with the ResPower.com site. If you want to use it for other purposes, please do not ask for our assistance. There are support forums available at the FileZilla homepage for that purpose.
There are a few simple steps involved with installing FileZilla:
- Navigate the FileZilla Website to Get the Latest Version
- Download the latest version
- Install the latest version
- Configure FileZilla to work with ResPower.com
Navigate to the FileZilla Website to Get the Latest Version
First, open the following page in a separate browser tab or window: http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/ (Note: If your browser supports tabs, and most do, simply clicking on the link will open it in a new tab.)
Once on the FileZilla page, simply click on the “Download” link as highlighted in Figure 1. Make sure you choose the Client and not Server versions.
At the next screen, click on the link as highlighted in Figure 2.
Once the download has completed, double-click on it to start the installation.
On the License Agreement page of the installer, click the “I Agree” button as indicated in Figure 3.
On the “Choose Components” page of the installer, click the “Next” button as indicated in Figure 4.
On the “Choose Install Location” page of the installer, click the “Next” button as indicated in Figure 5.
On the “Choose Start Menu Folder” page of the installer, click the “Next” button as indicated in Figure 6.
When FileZilla’s installation is complete, it is time to configure FileZilla to work with ResPower.
Configure FileZilla to work with ResPower.com
Launch FileZilla. It should look similar to Figure 7.
Click on the File menu and choose “Site Manager” as shown in Figure 8.
Click on “New Site” (Figure 9).
Under My Sites, as highlighted in Figure 10, a new site will appear with the name “New Site.” Change that to www.respower.com.
Next, type in www.respower.com for the Host and the port is 21. (Figure 11)
Logon type is Normal, as shown in Figure 12.
User and password are the same as your respower account. (Figure 13)
Once you have your account information set, click OK. (Figure 14)
Now, to connect to ResPower, just click the connect button as shown in Figure 15.
If everything is set up correctly, you should see a renders folder and a source folder. (Figure 16) The source folder is where you will put all of the files you need for your rendering job. The renders folder is where you will pick up your output.
Once you are done, disconnecting is easy. Just go to the Server menu and click on disconnect. (Figure 17)